- Part density to 7.4 g/cc
- Secondary operations include copper infiltration, resin & oil impregnation, machining and plating
- Custom, precision sintered metal components
The Powdered Metal process, or P/M, is an effective way to manufacture complex metal shapes in medium to high quantities.
While the P/M process does involve multiple steps, P/M parts are cost effective when the design is sound, due to the fact that very little material is wasted.
- Custom, precision powdered metal parts to 500 grams
- Secondary coining and sizing operations enhance structure and tolerance
- Oil impregnation for lubricity makes ideal bearing components and bushings
- Ferrous impregnation improves powdered metal part density to 7.4 g/cc
- Sintering in controlled atmosphere furnaces to maximize properties
- Powdered metal parts feature complex external and internal shapes
- Flexibility in shape makes near net-shape sintered metal parts
- Minimal material waste ensures competitive pricing